Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eddie wants to move somewhere... again

Man, do I need a little relocation in my life. I've slipped into that zone where every work day feels like the last. When you can't distinguish what you completed Monday from what you accomplished Thursday. That point when you start to lose your creative sense because you no longer have any interest in what you're creating.

I've come to the conclusion that I cannot be a video editor. Sure, it can be great fun as a hobby but planting my tuckus in a seat for hours on end shutting myself off from the world through a pair of headphones and creative software just manipulates the mind.
"Tuckus"... I bet you haven't heard that word in a while.
There's been periods within the office where I'll be completely involved with whatever I'm working on, focusing on every little detail that's on both of my screens, and then suddenly someone will walk in asking me for something irrelevant to whatever I'm doing and my mind will just shut down. I'll try to converse with this individual and I come off sounding out of my mind because my mind's been in a different place for the last few hours and is not prepped for chitchat.

Thankfully, I have some goals and objectives on the back burner that can occupy my brain for the time being. Of course these change by the minute. Remember how I said in an earlier post how I was dead set on moving to California and making an attempt at dominating that land of creative opposition? And I might have even stated at one point that New York City was increasingly becoming a possibility. Well now it's looking like Florida could be the destination.

But now the move is being pushed back until September. And for good reason. Because no matter what, I'd like to experience another Summer in Maine. It's such a splendiferous time. Spending the Summer of '11 around Portland and Old Orchard Beach was without a doubt the best Summer I've ever had. So I'd like another crack at the scene. A last hurrah if you will before I finally make that big move, wherever in the world it may be. I just want to accomplish that relocation before I get too locked up in the scene. This usually ends with that final breaking point where I suddenly become motivated by someone who has no business motivating me and end up in North Dakota or something.
Yup... the Dakota without Rushmore... that one.
But this post might become irrelevant in a month or so. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it changed within the week. My life and goals alter with the wind so it's really tough for me to establish concrete plans. But until then, I'll still be here in Maine. Even if my mind is elsewhere.


TODAY'S TASTY TRACK
 
Cake
"Mustache Man"
Launching loony thoughts into the bending of your mind
You reach for something high but it's a mountain that you find 
He's a king dust demon with an icepick smile 
His music fills your feathers as you feel your passions fly

No comments:

Post a Comment