Monday, February 27, 2012

Twitter: Good or bad?

I've always avoided being swept up into any unnatural obsession with the lives of celebrities. Individuals that have been deemed important by the media for the pointless acts they do. The way we put a twist on uninteresting news just because it's where the social demand is.

When the cast of Jersey Shore gets more attention than philosophical leaders, there has to be something wrong with society. It looks like borderline worship when you compare ourselves with civilizations before us. If we were drawing hieroglyphics on the walls of our structures, they would be littered with hashtags, pointless banter, and etched-in shirtless broskis.
"I don't always wear a shirt, but when I do I make sure the collar's popable."
... But then Eddie went and got himself a Twitter. No, I'm not conforming to a lifestyle fueled by the lifestyles of others. Actually for a while now I've been tracking the online movement and sharing of my work in order to master the art of self-marketing in order to attract more job opportunities and networking. And turns out a few strangers were tossing around my remixes and videos on Twitter. I feel as if that's a huge act of kindness towards what I'm trying to do. Sure, I know their intention wasn't to help advertise my stuff. They were most likely just making an attempt at pleasing their own horde of followers they've forcefully amassed on Twitter, but still it's means a lot to me.

So I finally jumped on the bandwagon. But "with great power comes great responsibility": A rule which has much relevance to Twitter. Twitter can be used as a tremendous marketing tool for those who are willing to put a little thought into their posts. Not those who just want to inform the world about that bucket of ice cream they just inhaled while watching Netflix.
Why not go the whole nine yards?
Whether it be for your business or your own benefit, you can follow the trends of today with positive intentions for your future. Just be smart about it. But if people want to focus their lives on those who are irrelevant to their own, then so be it. If what Diddy had for lunch satisfies your inner needs as a human, then maybe creating a pseudo-social life on Twitter is for the best. Hell, maybe you should even retweet it.

Oh, and follow me at @EddieBaldasaro so you can hear what I've had for lunch as well. #IBitchTooMuch


TODAY'S TASTY TRACK

Spose
"Pop Song"
Do it or go down in flames 
Back to Maine you can beg moose for spare change

No comments:

Post a Comment