Monday, October 10, 2011

Stop and Go

Owning a car that's out of commission really enhances the helplessness of boredom. Especially during what could possibly be the last weekend in new England above 75 degress. I really despise going from a state of constant chaos towards nothing but thumb twiddling (people actually do that?). Last week, from Monday through Friday, I consistently had task after task to complete. Now I've had to indulge myself with a weekend of waiting. I feel as if I've wasted every minute I've been given the past 3 days.

I'm to the point where I wish today wasn't a holiday because I would have loved to be busy with work. At least I'd feel a little more accomplished after exiting my job. But instead I have to continue this delay.

Yet there is a bright side. Tomorrow I pick up a 12 passenger van (yikes) that a production company I'm assisting has entrusted me with. I will soon no longer be stranded... at least until the shoot wraps up. Hopefully the check from last week comes in so I can put it to good use: Revitalizing the '99 Chevy Cavalier. Chicks love Cavaliers right?

Okay, I guess not.

At least the future looks enticing. This week's the L.L.Bean commercial shoot up in Freeport/Brunswick. That'll be followed by a week down in Wells, ME for Google Search Stories. Then it's my grand return to the day job for a small period of time before I take my first crack at primetime. Nice to meet ya NBC.


TODAY'S TASTY TRACK
For those who enjoy: Local Music / Southern Rock
The Mallett Brothers Band
"Low Down"
What an immensely talented band. I loved watching them play a free gig with PSC right here in Portland, ME a few months back. Expect these southern-yet-from-the-northern-part-of-maine boys to begin takeover very soon.

-If you like this then check out The Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment