Monday, September 26, 2011

Diabeetus

I've been having too much good luck as of late. I'm just waiting for something really bad to happen because I know it's inevitable. A human being is only allowed to get so high without eventually falling back to reality, right? Isn't that what gravity's for?

I'm still hoping to make it out to my mind's "promised land" sometime in December but the way things are going here in Portland, I might end up dwelling for even longer. But I know once the freezing snow hits, I'll be kickin' babies just to head out west. I've always been a sun guy. I just wish I could find someone else who wants that drastic change in life in order to fulfill their dreams. It would be nice to have a copilot on these adventures.

Anyways, let's talk about what's going on in the moment. I watched Food Inc. last night and now I want to completely change the way I grocery shop. Thankfully there's a Trader Joe's & Whole Foods right up the road from me so I can quickly start this endeavor... the moment I'm ready to steer away from Wal-Mart's everyday low prices designed for cheapo's like yours truly. Maybe I'll slowly convert. Whatever it takes to avoid the diabeetus.


Shucks, there's a lot more going on right now in my life but I feel as if I should let these things play out before I go blogging about it. So...


TODAY'S TASTY TRACK
For those who enjoy: Local Music

Paranoid Social Club
"Count On Me"

If you're living in maine and you've never heard of the Paranoid Social Club/Rustic Overtones, then you're not living in Maine. If you're not living in Maine, then this is that band that does "Wasted" from Beerfest and that other song you've heard once, "Two Girls". Oh yeah, that band.

*If you like this then get out there and go to a live show. Discover something.

No comments:

Post a Comment