Thursday, September 8, 2011

I go on a rant about KISS; you get to listen to the new Cudi. Win-Win

Today - 8:54am: I'm driving to work and hear about an interesting boat ride on the radio. I guess there's going to be a KISS Cruise to the Bahamas... and yes, KISS as in KISS: the make-up'd, over-the-top, rock gods of pyrotechnics.

I'm immediately intrigued and turn the volume up. Then the voice coming from my radio starts going on about how they're having a sweepstakes and giving away a few tickets for said-hard-rock-in-your-face cruise. They give out a number and state that the listener must text it in order to enter themselves in the sweepstakes.

I don't know what got over me but I instantly whipped out my phone and furiously started to break the law text this number. Right after I hit "send", I started to think about what I had just done. I know I'm not going to win, but also, did I really want to be stuck on a boat with KISS?

Sure, they were pretty sweet in their prime and their music will live on forever, but I can't even imagine having a conversation with Paul Stanley without LMAO IRL (is that how it goes?) Hell, I couldn't even imagine looking at "The Catman" (meow) Peter Criss without wanting to giggle quietly to myself. Oh, Peter Criss hasn't been in the band for years? Eric Singer is "The Catman" now? I'm sorry, let me rephrase that: "Giggle loudly to myself."

But thankfully Ace Frehely will be there... wait what? He's gone too? He's been replaced by some dude that use to clean Gene Simmons' gutters and be in a KISS cover band? Well that sucks. I can't wait until one of the pyrotechnics go haywire and I'm DiCaprio'n it to the bottom of the ocean as this band of misfits belts out Rock 'n Roll All Night.

But in all seriousness, if I won, I would most certainly go. KISS is one of the most memorable bands of all time. They have countless memorable hits and really know how to put on a legitimate and entertaining show. And because there's nothing more romantic than Gene Simmons tonguing your ear on a beach in the Bahamas... too much? Yeah, I know... perfect time to listen to...


TODAY'S TASTY TRACK
For those who enjoy: New Hip Hop

 
Kid Cudi
"No One Believes Me"

Just a really well done song. Kid Cudi might be the only original mainstream rapper we have left. It's from the new film Fright Night and the music video has the potential to win a VMA or 2, if those even matter anymore. And because vampires pitch trouser tents for MTV-goers.




-If you like Kid Cudi then check out Charles Hamilton... or what's left of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment